eTail East 2018: Our Top Takeaways
This week, the eTail East 2018 took place in Boston, playing host to more than 1,200 attendees of various marketing and industry backgrounds who tuned in to hear from 100 different speakers.
Iterable teamed up with Paul Pender, E-Commerce Marketing Manager from ASICS, to share the evolution of ASICS’ digital strategies to increase retention and improve the overall customer experience.
“Making Gains: How to Achieve Your Retention and Fitness Goals”
In this roundtable discussion, attendees debated retention as a marketing science. Iterable’s Director of Strategic Insights and Evangelism, Jen Capstraw, shared her perspective on the challenges that marketers across all industries face: disorganized systems, messy data, organizational silos, lack of strategies and more.
Paul echoed the sentiment and talked about ASICS’ ongoing experience in retaining their fitness app users. It was a lively exchange between the folks involved, but there was a general consensus around addressing retention as a company-wide initiative—involvement from not just marketing, but also product, customer experience, and support teams.
“From Shoe to Service: Creating Seamless Customer Experiences That Win.”
During this session, Paul honed in on the way brands like Netflix, Starbucks, and Amazon have fundamentally changed consumer expectations concerning the new customer experience.
ASICS, a company synonymous with footwear and sports equipment, brought two fitness apps to market. The team was well aware of the importance of winning over users through enriched experiences. It was an insightful discussion about the balancing product design and user expectations.
If you missed this session, never fear! Inside our exclusive Top Takeaways presentation below, we’ve curated presentation recaps from a few of our favorite sessions from eTail East 2018.
In addition to covering the previously mentioned presentations, the slide deck includes several of the most popular sessions:
- “Lessons Learned From Building a Retention Marketing Team From the Ground Up” by Ben Clark, VP, Customer Retention at SeatGeek
- “Club O: The Evolution of Loyalty” by Maquel Shaw, Global Marketing Director at Overstock.com
- “The Sweet Side of Retail” by Rosie O’Neil, Co-Founder of Sugarfina
- “Getting Past the Roadblocks to Unified Commerce” by Kim Czopek, VP, Digital Marketing at Lilly Pulitzer; Bridget O’Brien, CMO at Ethan Allen Global; Skye Spear, VP, Sales & Partnerships at Signifyd; Sam Norpel, GM, Digital Commerce at Vitamin Shoppe
- “Marketing and Retail Experiences of the Future” by Leslie Leifer, VP, Enterprise Strategy & Business Development at 1-800-Flowers.com; Gwen Bennett, SVP, E-Commerce & Marketing at Destination Maternity; Eleanor Morgan, SVP, Customer Experience at Casper; Sara Spivey, CMO at Bazaarvoice
We’re also giving you an inside look at the best of the expo hall with some fun snapshots of the exciting activities that make eTail East a must-attended year after year.
Most importantly, we’ve even provided placeholder slides for you to drop in your own notes of the sessions you attended. Click this link to view the eTail East 2018: Top Takeaways presentation in Google Slides.
You can easily make a copy, include your name and notes, and share it with your colleagues. We put in all the effort, and we’re giving you all the credit!
Until Next Year, eTail East!
We hope that you stopped by the Iterable booth to meet our team and discuss your business goals. If you’d like to learn more about how Iterable is helping marketers create world-class customer engagement, then request a demo of our growth marketing platform today.