Experiences are tied to memories. Good or bad, you remember how an experience makes you feel. For the customer experience, this memory can make or break the customer’s decision whether to interact with your brand again.
With lifestyles being forced to adapt in the face of COVID-19, themes of trust and empathy became prominent drivers in the marketing world. Consumer expectations shifted and were raised. Brands are now expected to create a conversation with customers, treating them more as a person than the next transaction.
As we move forward into 2021, it’s important to take stock of how influential a memorable customer experience truly is. And so, we’ve curated 18 key stats that show you just that.
Take a look and let us know your favorite one on social!
Key Customer Experience Stats
Great Experiences Are Required
- Brands with better customer experience see 5.7 times more revenue than competitors with weaker customer experience (Source: Retail Customer Experience)
- Customers cite feeling underappreciated as their top reason for switching brands (Source: Vonage)
- Two-thirds of companies compete on customer experience, up from 36% in 2010 (Source: Gartner)
- 71% of consumers find impersonal experiences frustrating (Source: Segment)
- A good experience is a key influencer of brand loyalties for 73% of consumers (Source: PwC)
- After receiving a personalized experience, almost half (49%) of buyers have made impulse purchases (Source: Segment)
It Starts With Empathy
- In 2020, 24% of marketers reported more empathy-driven customer communications, while 25% reported more crisis-driven communications (Source: Iterable)
- 71% of customers prefer buying from brands who share the same values (Source: 5W PR)
- Only 17% of brands did not make a public statement about social or political issues in 2020 (Source: Iterable)
- 63% of consumers prefer when brands are purpose-driven (Source: Accenture)
Fueled by Data
- The top three tech stack priorities for marketers in 2021 are marketing automation platforms, data warehouses and customer data platforms (Source: Iterable)
- 78% of marketers plan on using zero-party data to personalize their messaging (Source: Iterable)
- AI is here. 83% of marketers say they are likely to use AI in their marketing strategies (Source: Iterable)
- 83% of consumers are willing to share their data if that means a more personalized experience (Source: Accenture)
- 91% of consumers are likely to shop with brands that provide recommendations relevant to them (Source: Accenture)
Consistent Across Channels
- 60% of B2C brands have a mobile app, another 28% are building an app in 2021 (Source: Iterable)
- 50% of consumers will stop visiting a site if it isn’t mobile-friendly (Source: TrueList)
- Only 12% of shoppers view the mobile shopping experience as the most convenient experience—4x less than the desktop experience (Source: Dynamic Yield)
To create a customer experience worth remembering, keeping these stats in mind can help reinforce that the work you’re doing is worth it. Nobody wants to feel underappreciated, and nobody wants a frustrating experience. Find ways to connect with users that are specific to your brand and authentic in their execution.
If you’re looking to learn more about building a memorable customer experience, here are a few resources:
- The Key to Crafting a Memorable Customer Experience
- First-Party and Zero-Party Data: The Path Forward
- 2021 Marketing Trends to Kick Off the New Year
- 2021 Marketing Trends: Dissecting the Unexpected
- Brand Trust Infographic: 2021 Marketing Trends
The customer experience is about making connections. And we’d love to connect with you! Schedule a demo to chat with us about how you can make a memorable experience for your customers.